Tofu is a chameleon type of ingredient. It will adapt to the environment if it is cooked correctly. This recipe will show you one of many ways tofu can be added to your recipes to replace meat.
- 1 x Extra Firm Tofu
- 1 x Trader Joe Green Curry sauce or any other green curry sauce
- 3 to 5 x small Roma Tomatoes depending upon the size.
- 1 x large onions
- 3 to 4 cloves of garlic
- 3 teaspoons of grated ginger
- 1 x Frozen Vegetable bag
- Oil to saute
- Take the gelatinous slab of tofu and cut it into cubes and add them to a pan with oil:
- Let the tofu saute until it starts to turn brown. It should be slightly soft but crispy at the same time. Once this consistency is achieved then you can take it and set it aside.
- While the tofu is being cooked, dice about 4 to 5 small Roma tomatoes, one large onion, grate some garlic and ginger on the side.
- Once the onions are brown, add the garlic / ginger to this mixture and let it saute for a few minutes until it is cooked.
- then you can add the tomatoes as pictured below
- Now you can add the green curry sauce to this mixture with 1/4 cup of water, and frozen vegetables
- Let this cook for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Presto!!! you have yourself Green Curry with Tofu.
- This can be served with rice and other grains. But, we eat this without any such additions to keep it healthy!