- One yellow onion
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 2 yellow cucumber (found at the local Indian grocery store)
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 and 1/2 cup yellow lentils (tooar daal)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon coriander power
- 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil
- Instant pot
- 3 cups of water.
You can use the instant pot to cook all of the below. It can also be done in a normal pan but can take a lot longer to cook because of the lentils.
1. Dice the produce (garlic, onions, and tomatoes as pictured)
2. Warm up the oil
3. Add the cumin, turmeric, corriander powder along with the garlic.
4. Once the garlic has browned, add the onions
5. Let the onions soften and lightly golden.
6. Add the lentils and start to toast them.
7. Add the cucumber once it has become toasted.
8. Add the tomatoes.
9. Let the tomatoes cook then add the water.
10. And close the lid and let it cook on high pressure for 15 minutes.
11. Add salt to taste and you are good to go.