This is a quick and easy recipe with little prep required and it is absolutely delicious! The sweet potato and avocado provide healthy fats and have a low glycemic index. The crispy chickpeas add crunch and is a fabulous protein to any recipe.
- Plain yogurt (1.5 cups)
- Avocado (1 large)
- Limes (2)
- Serrano pepper
- Chickpeas (2 cans)
- Sweet Potato (2 large)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Rinse and drain the 2 cans of chickpeas and pat dry with towel.
- Place chickpeas on oven-proof pan and drizzle with olive oil or cooking spray until lightly coated. Roast in oven for about 30-35 minutes, until they are crispy. Let crispy chickpeas cool, then drizzle with some more olive oil. Toss chickpeas with salt to taste, cayenne pepper to taste, 2 teaspoons of cumin, 1 tablespoon of coriander powder. Set aside. This makes a great snack and we often make extra and have available for snacking over the week.
- Peel and dice the two sweet potatoes in cubes. Toss with olive oil and salt int he pan. Roast sweet potatoes in the oven for about 25 minutes until lightly browned.
4. To make the sauce, first cut the avocado into small cubes. Then combine in a blender with yogurt, the juice of 2 limes, slices of serrano pepper (to taste), salt and black pepper to taste. Blend until smooth consistency. Set aside. If you have extra, this makes a great dip for carrot sticks or any other healthy vegetable.
5. Now to make the salad, combine about half the large bag of kale with the dressing. Toss the kale with the dressing until all the leaves are lightly covered. To serve, place the dressed kale on a plate and top with roasted sweet potato and crispy chick peas. If you enjoy spicy food, add some thinly sliced serrano peppers as well. Be sure to de-seed the pepper prior to using.