This Mediterranean favorite is quite easy to make and a hearty and satisfying meal. This was actually our first attempt making Baba Ganoush at home, but we always enjoy it at restaurants so we thought we would give it a try. It turned out pretty delicious. The smoky eggplant, the rich tahini, and the soft chickpeas are a beautiful medley and we will definitely be making this again in our house!
- Eggplant (1 large)
- Garlic cloves (7-8)
- Tahini (1/3 cup)
- Chickpeas (2 cans)
- English Cucumber (1.5)
- Tomato (1 large)
- Yogurt (1.5 cup)
- Dill (1 bunch)
- Black Pepper
- Olive oil
- Lime (3)
Recipe (4 Servings)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Slice the eggplant into large slices. Coat with olive oil. Cook the eggplant until soft, about 20-25 minutes. Then, change oven setting to broil. Broil the eggplant until skins are browned (about 3-4 minutes). Make sure you pay close attention during this step and don’t step away from the oven! Once the eggplants are done, set out to cool. Once cool, put the eggplants with the skins on and pulse until smooth in the food processor.
- Mix the tahini, the juice of 2 limes, minced garlic cloves, 1 tsp cayenne pepper, and 2 teaspoons of cumin. Fold in the eggplant until all ingredients are mixed together evenly. Add salt to taste.
- Drain the chickpeas and rinse thoroughly. Mix with sliced tomato and cucumber. Add salt and black pepper to taste, the juice of 1 lemon and toss the salad.
- Roughly chop the dill and add to yogurt along with the juice of 1 lime and 1/2 tsp of lime zest. Add salt and black pepper to test and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Place desired amount of salad on plate, top with the baba ganoush and the yogurt sauce and enjoy!