We love cooking with tofu, it’s so versatile and just a sponge for good flavor. The key is making sure you have a good sauce for the tofu. The key in this recipe is the delicious dressing! In fact, you may want to make some extra so you can use it again.
- Soy sauce (1 tablespoon)
- Honey (1 tablespoon)
- Rice Vinegar (1 tablespoon)
- Ginger (1 tablespoon grated)
- Crushed red pepper
- Vegetable oil (1 tablespoon)
- Lime (2)
- Tofu (1 package, Firm)
- Salad Pack (1/2 packet, we used the Cruciferous Crunch Collection from Trader Joes)
- Carrot (2 small)
- Red Bell Pepper (1)
- Green onion (2 stalks)
- Sesame seeds (1 tablespoon)
Recipe (Serves 4)
- To prepare the dressing, mix the soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, freshly grated ginger, the juice of 2 limes with salt and crushed red pepper to taste. Half the dressing will be for the salad and the other half will be used to marinate the tofu once cooked.
- First prep the tofu by removing from package and dicing into 1 inch cubes. Place the cubes on a dry paper towel to absorb any extra moisture. In a nonstick pan, heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil on medium high heat. Once oil is heated through, add the tofu and cook until golden and lightly crisp on all sides. Takes about 15 minutes total. Once cooked, set aside to cool. Once cool, soak the tofu in half of the dressing prepared.
- Peel and dice the carrots. De-seed the bell pepper and finely chop. Finely chop both portions of the green onion. Combine the salad mix, carrots, green onion and bell pepper in salad bowl. Toss with the remaining dressing.
- Lightly toast the sesame seed on the medium heat. This doesn’t take long, so make sure you don’t step away from the stove.
- To serve, start with desired amount of salad, top with tofu and then garnish with toasted sesame seeds. Enjoy!