Sometimes we are lazy and don’t feel like doing much in the kitchen. This is a recipe for one of those days. General rule of thumb, if you are too tired to cook just put a bunch of vegetables together in a delicious sauce and you’ve got a winner. Cauliflower and mushroom may sound like a strange combination, but I promise the meaty mushrooms with the soft cauliflower complement each other well.
- Cauliflower (1 head)
- Mushroom (1 box, we used the gourmet blend from Kroger, but if you aren’t able to find that baby bella should work as well)
- Ginger (2 tablespoons, grated)
- Soy Sauce (1 tablespoon)
- Toasted sesame oil (1 tablespoon)
- Honey (2 teaspoons)
- Brown Sugar (1 teaspoon)
- Crushed Red Pepper
- Rice vinegar (1 teaspoon)
- Vegetable oil
Recipe (4 servings)
- Cut the cauliflower into 1 inch florets. Wash and rinse the mushrooms. Heat up 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil on a large nonstick pan on medium high heat. Add the mushrooms when oil is hot. After 2-3 minutes, add the cauliflower to the mixture. Cook on high heat for about 8-10 minutes until both the mushroom and cauliflower are tender.
- To prepare the braising sauce, mix the soy sauce, grated ginger, sesame oil, honey, brown sugar, rice vinegar together. Add salt and crushed red pepper to taste. Add the sauce to the cauliflower and mushroom mixture. Cook together for 5-6 minutes on low heat. This is the “braising” part. Add salt to taste.
- Can be eaten plainly as a side or a full meal!