This is a recipe to try after a long day of work. It takes only about 10 minutes of prep and the result is delicious. The key is utilizing your oven to slowly roast your veggies so that their taste is enhanced.
- Broccoli (1 head)
- Brussel Sprouts (1 small bag)
- Tofu (Firm)
- Limes (2)
- Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
- Honey (1.5 teaspoon)
- Vegetable Oil and vegetable oil cooking spray
Recipe: (4 servings)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Dice the brussel sprouts into quarters. Separate the broccoli into 1 inch florets. Coat with vegetable oil cooking spray and roast in oven for 30 minutes until lightly browned and slightly crispy.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil on a nonstick pan on medium heat. Crumble up the tofu and add to hot oil. Cook while stirring regularly until tofu lightly golden.
- To prepare the dressing, blend the juice of 2 limes, 2 chipotle peppers and 1 tablespoon of adobo sauce, honey. Add salt to taste.
- To serve, mix the vegetables with the tofu and stir in the dressing. Tastes even better the next day, the sauce soaks in to the veggies and tofu!