Roasting vegetables is probably one of the simplest ways to add a depth of flavor to any dish. Cauliflower rice helps you cut the carbs and the calories usually found in white or brown rice. When seasoned and cooked properly, we think that cauliflower rice is a great substitute. Riced cauliflower is easy to make on your own, but we decided to skip the hassle and just bought a bag at Trader Joes.
- Purple/yellow/orange mini-carrots (10-12, peeled)
- Zucchini (2, diced into 1 inch cubes)
- Squash (1, diced into 1 inch cubes)
- Onion (1, diced 1/2inch cubes)
- Grape tomatoes (10-12)
- Riced Cauliflower (16 oz)
- Basil (1 cup, finely chopped)
- Olive oil
- Smoked paprika (1 teaspoon)
- Italian seasoning (2 teaspoon)
- Black Pepper
- Lime juice (1.5 teaspoon)
Recipe (4 servings):
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. Combine the carrots, Grape tomatoes, zucchini, squash, onion into a bowl. Toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, smoked paprika, italian seasoning. Add salt and black pepper to taste. Make sure the vegetables are evenly coated with oil and lay out flat on a nonstick baking pan. Cook for about 25-30 minutes, until the veggies are golden-brown. In my opinion, you can stop here and just enjoy the delicious vegetables as is!
- Next, heat a tablespoon of olive oil on a nonstick pan on medium high heat. Add the riced cauliflower to the pan and cook for about 4-5 minutes. Once cooked, turn the heat off and add the basil, lime juice. Add the roasted vegetables to the cauliflower. Season with salt to taste.
- Serve in a large bowl and garnish with basil on top. Tastes even better the next day.