Sometimes, you just want to eat a plate of chips for dinner. Instead, here we give you a better option! Crispy sweet potato chips made in the oven served with all the makings of loaded nachos. Sweet potatoes is always the answer in our house when we are craving good ol’ junk food! We have mentioned it before, but I’ll do it again. Opt for sweet potatoes over regular potato chips vs tortilla chips because of the low glycemic index. Besides, sweet potatoes are delicious!
- Sweet Potatoes (2 large, sliced in 2.5 mm circles using a mandolin)
- Avocado (1, chopped into 1/2 inch cubes)
- Black beans (1 can)
- Cilantro (1 cup, finely chopped)
- Tomato (1 medium sized, finely chopped)
- Jalapeno (1 small, de-seeded and finely chopped)
- Green onions (3, finely chopped)
- Lime (1)
- Whole milk yogurt (3 tablespoons)
- Tomato paste (1 teaspoon)
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Taco seasoning (1 teaspoon)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Toss the sweet potato slices with some olive oil and sea salt. Cook in oven until crispy; took about 25 minutes in our oven. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium sized pan, cook the rinsed black beans. Add taco seasoning and cook for about 5-10 minutes. Set aside.
- To prepare the pico de gallo, combine the half the cilantro, tomato, jalapeno, green onions, tomato paste, and the juice of half a lime. Add salt to taste.
- To prepare the yogurt sauce, combine the whole milk yogurt with the juice of the other half of the lime and salt to taste.
- To serve, make a bed of sweet potato chips, top with the black beans, followed by the pico de gallo, avocado. Add the yogurt sauce as a dressing. Garnish with the cilantro you set aside. Enjoy!