This hearty chili recipe is perfect as the weather gets cooler. The lime crema adds a perfect creamy touch as well as the delicious avocado/green onion topping. We ate this all week and it was surprisingly more delicious each day. This one pot recipe is filling and freezes beautifully. And it doesn’t even require very many ingredients! We made it in our Instant Pot, so dinner was served in about 30 minutes!
- Sweet Potato (1 large, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch cubes)
- Black Beans (1 can, rinsed and drained)
- Green Onions (3, finely chopped)
- Onion (1 small, finely chopped)
- Jalapeno (1 small; chopped for garnish)
- Garlic (4-5 cloves, finely chopped)
- Avocado (1, finely diced into 1/2 inch cubes)
- Cilantro (1/2 cup, finely chopped)
- Sweet Corn (1 cup, frozen)
- Whole milk yogurt (1.5 tablespoon)
- Lime juice (1/2 teaspoon)
- Smoked Paprika (1 teaspoon)
- Tomato Paste (1.5 teaspoon)
- Taco seasoning (1 teaspoon)
- Cumin (1 teaspoon)
- Vegetable broth (2-3 cups)
- Olive oil
Recipe (4 servings)
- Heat up a tablespoon of olive oil in the Instant Pot on the “Saute” mode. Once the oil is hot, add the garlic and roast for about 1 minute. Add the onion next and cook until slightly softened (4-5 minutes). At this point, you can add the tomato paste, paprika, taco seasoning, cumin and cook for about 1 minute. Season with salt to taste. Add the sweet potato next and toss for 2-3 minutes, followed by the black beans. Add the vegetable broth next. Add more if you like your chili more soupy. At this point, you can change the Instant Pot setting to pressure cook on high for 10 minutes. Release pressure manually when complete.
- Microwave the frozen corn for approximately 3 minutes and add to chili after you release the pressure from the Instant Pot.
- To prepare the lime crema, combine the yogurt, lime juice and salt to taste.
- Combine the avocado, green onions, cilantro together and toss with salt and use as topping for the chili.
- To serve, top with lime crema and avocado salad. Add some jalapeno. Enjoy!