Okay, my favorite vegetable is brussel sprouts! I love roasting them in the oven because they get charred and caramelized and to me, that’s as good as leftover Halloween candy. In all honesty, one of the best things you can do to become an expert vegetarian cook is learning to utilize your oven and roasting vegetables to add an extra depth of flavor and crunch.
- Brussel sprouts (1 lb, diced into quarter pieces)
- Tofu (16 oz, Firm, diced into 1/2 inch cubes)
- Green Onions (3, finely diced)
- Cashews (1/2 cup, toasted, whole)
- Gochujang (1/3 cup)
- Soy Sauce (1 tablespoon)
- Honey (1 tablespoon)
- Lime Juice (1.5 tablespoon)
- Crushed Red Pepper
- Sea Salt
- Vegetable Oil
Recipes (4 servings)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Toss the brussel sprouts in vegetable oil, about 1.5 tablespoon. Until they are all lightly coated. Season with salt to taste. Cook for approximately 25-30 minutes, until slightly charred.
- Prepare the sauce by mixing the gochujang, soy sauce, honey, lime juice. Add salt and crushed red pepper to taste! When making any sauces, make sure you continue to taste. Adjust the salt, acid, spice to your liking. Always taste as you go!
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a nonstick pan on medium high heat. Add the diced tofu and cook for about 10-12 minutes while stirring every 2-3 minutes. Once all the sides are golden brown, you can turn off the stove and wait for the brussel sprouts to be done.
- Once brussel sprouts are cooked, add to the pan with the cooked tofu. Add the sauce and season with salt and crushed pepper if needed. Add the cashews and green onions as well and stir until thoroughly combined.
- To serve, enjoy a big heaping bowl! We couldn’t stop eating the brussel sprouts, seriously it was like candy!