If you’ve seen any of our previous recipes featuring brussel sprouts, you guys know how much we love roasting them! But this is a totally different take featuring Indian spices. I can’t say I’ve ever had an Indian brussel sprout dish, in fact, I wonder if they even have brussel sprouts in India. But from testing this recipe, we have learned a valuable lesson. Brussel sprouts and curry go great together!
- Brussel sprouts (16 oz, cut in quarters)
- Onion (1, finely chopped)
- Garlic (10-12 cloves, finely minced)
- Tofu (Extra Firm, cut into 1/2 inch cubes)
- Coconut Milk (3 tablespoons)
- Curry powder (1.5 teaspoon)
- Turmeric (0.5 teaspoon)
- Lime Juice (1 teaspoon)
- Olive oil
Recipe (4 servings):
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Toss the brussel sprouts in 1-2 tablespoon of olive oil. Season with salt. Cook until the sprouts are nicely browned, about 25 minutes.
- While the sprouts are roasting, we will prepare the rest of our curry. First heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil on a nonstick pan on medium high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the onion. Cook for about 6-7 minutes until the onions are softened. Add the curry powder and turmeric next. Follow with garlic. Cook for about 2 minutes. Once it all cooked, take the cooked onion mixture and set it aside.
- In the same pan, heat up another 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Then, add the tofu and cook on medium high heat. Cook the tofu until lightly golden on all the sides. This will take about 10 minutes. Once the tofu is done, decrease the heat to low.
- Add the cooked onion mixture to the tofu. Add the coconut milk and stir until it’s all melted in. Then add the roasted brussel sprouts. At this point, you can taste and add more salt if needed. Finish with a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Serve in a large bowl and enjoy!