Take out Chinese food was my weakness growing up. I would always order vegetable fried rice and vegetable lo mein! It was my go-to. I was craving that takeout and so we made this delicious dish and we substituted cauliflower rice instead of actual rice. The funny thing is we made this for our family and a lot of them didn’t even realize there was no actual rice in this rice dish. It’s quite simple to make and the best part is you probably already have all the ingredients in your pantry. That’s the best part about delicious Chinese takeout, to get those same flavors you really don’t need many ingredients.
- Riced Cauliflower (16 oz)
- Frozen Vegetables (12 oz bag, any will do but we used this one)
- Frozen Corn (1/2 cup)
- Jalapeno (1, finely chopped)
- Green onions (4-5, green portions finely chopped)
- Onion (1, finely chopped)
- Garlic (7-8 cloves, finely chopped)
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce (3 tablespoons)
- Chili garlic sauce (2-3 teaspoons)
- Sesame oil (1 teaspoon)
- Rice vinegar (1.5 teaspoon)
- Brown sugar (2 teaspoon)
Recipe (4-6 servings):
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large nonstick pan on medium heat. Add the chopped onion and garlic and cook until lightly softened. This will take about 4-5 minutes.
- While the onions are cooking, you can microwave your frozen vegetables (as per instructions on your bag) for 2-3 minutes so that you can speed up your cooking process.
- Once the onions are softened, add the jalapeno and riced cauliflower. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Next add the lightly microwaved frozen vegetables and the frozen corn.
- Cook the mixture for about 5-7 minutes until all the vegetables are lightly tender and cooked through.
- Once you’ve achieved desired level of cooking for the vegetables, turn the heat down to low. Add the soy cause, chili garlic sauce, sesame oil, and rice vinegar. You can add more chili garlic sauce if you want yours to be spicier. Add 2 teaspoons of brown sugar. Stir until all ingredients are mixed.
- Turn the heat off. Taste and add more soy sauce if needed until you have that desired Chinese take out taste. You can also mix in the green onions.
- Serve in large bowl and garnish with extra green onions.