I love cooking with sweet potatoes and black beans. They pair together really well and are generally very easy to cook. I highly recommend this simple dish for when you don’t really want to hassle with a lot of ingredients but you still want a kick of flavor. We always have canned black beans in our pantry and recipes like this is the reason why. They are versatile and add protein and girth to any dish.
- Black Beans (1 can, rinsed and drained)
- Sweet potatoes (3, peeled and diced into one inch cubes)
- Green onions (4-5, finely chopped)
- Tomatoes (2 small, finely chopped)
- Lime (1)
- Lettuce (1 head)
- Cumin (1 teaspoon)
- Paprika (1 teaspoon)
- Chamoy (optional)
- Olive oil
Recipe (4 servings)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss sweet potatoes with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt. Place in oven until lightly browned. This will take about 20-22 minutes. I recommend rotating and flipping them about halfway through so that they’re evenly cooked. Set aside.
- In a medium sized nonstick pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil on medium heat. Add the beans and cook for 2-3 minutes. Follow with the white portions of the green onions and the tomatoes. Cook for another 4-5 minutes. Season with the cumin, paprika and add salt to taste.
- Next, combine the cooked beans and the sweet potatoes together. Add the green onions and stir.
- To serve, place the bean and veggie mixture on a lettuce wrap. Top with chamoy and lime juice and enjoy it like a taco!