I love zucchini noodles and honestly they’re a great substitute for the carbohydrate heavy pasta. If you have a spiralizer, that’s great. You can make the noodles at home. But here in our small city apartment kitchen, we only have room for the essentials. Luckily, most grocery stores sell the “pre cut” zucchini noodles and I am not ashamed to use them. Honestly, anything that cuts my prep time, I will take it! So, here’s to all the grocery stores that sell us pre-sliced mushrooms, broccoli, and zucchini noodles! The sauce we used in this recipe is the Trader Joes Yuzu Hot Sauce. If you don’t have a Trader Joes close by, you can also purchase it on amazon. It’s only $5 at Trader Joes, so it’s hard for me to say it’s OK to splurge on amazon. If you are unable to find it, you can use any tangy hot sauce that you have available.
- Zucchini Spirals (16 oz)
- Broccoli Florets (14 oz)
- Baby Bella Mushrooms pre-sliced) (20 oz)
- Garlic (10-12 cloves, finely chopped)
- Yuzu Hot Sauce
- Olive Oil
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss the broccoli in 1 tablespoon of olive oil and salt. Cook in oven until lightly browned and crispy. This will take about 20-22 minutes. Rotate and flip halfway through the cooking process so that it is evenly roasted.
- Some people like their zucchini noodles raw. I prefer them lightly cooked. So heat another tablespoon of olive oil on medium high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the garlic and stir until it is lightly golden and fragrant. It should take about 45 seconds to 1 minute. Next, toss the zucchini spirals in and cook on low medium heat for 5-6 minutes. Once they are done, turn the heat off and season with salt to taste. I also added 1 teaspoon of the hot sauce to the noodles as well to give it a light kick, but mostly the noodles should taste like garlic. Set the noodles aside.
- In the same nonstick pan, heat another tablespoon of olive oil. Add the mushrooms and cook on medium high heat for 10-12 minutes until all the water has evaporated from the mushrooms. At this point, your broccoli should be done roasting. So add the broccoli to the pan with the mushrooms. Add 3-4 teaspoons of the hot sauce to the mushroom and broccoli mixture. Less or more based on how spicy you like it. Season with more salt if needed.
- To serve, make a bed of the zucchini noodles and top with the broccoli and mushroom curry. These noodles tasted even better the next day!