We were having one of those nights where neither of us really wanted to cook. When we feel like this, we generally just keep our meals simple and to the point. If you can cut vegetables and stir vigorously, then you are good to go for this nutty and delicious fall harvest salad.
- Brussel Sprouts (16 oz, cut into quarters)
- Sweet Potatoes (2, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch slices)
- Lettuce (1/2 head, finely chopped)
- Almonds (1 cup, gently roasted)
- Red Apple (3, chopped into 1 inch slices)
- Carrot (2, shredded)
- Tahini (1/4 cup)
- Lime (1, juiced)
- Garlic powder (1.5 teaspoon)
- Onion powder (1.5 teaspoon)
- Black pepper (1/2 teaspoon)
- Honey (1 teaspoon)
- Olive oil
Recipe (4 servings)
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. Toss the sweet potato and brussel sprouts in about 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil and salt. Place in oven and roast until slightly browned and caramelized. This should take about 20-25 minutes. I would recommend flipping and rotating about halfway through so that all the vegetables are evenly cooked.
- Prepare the dressing by combining the tahini, garlic powder, lime juice, onion powder, black pepper, honey, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add some water if the dressing is too thick. Stir vigorously until all the ingredients are combined. Add salt to taste.
- To serve, combine the lettuce, shredded carrot, diced apples with the roasted vegetables. Add desired amount of toasted almonds. Top with the dressing and enjoy!