This is such a simple recipe. It takes little no prep time. Pretty much all you have to do is cut the vegetables. I love roasted vegetables, especially sweet potatoes. But have you ever tried roasted beets? That’s a game changer. Seriously, they’re like little jewels of flavor. They are sweet and nutty and pair wonderfully with the potatoes. The herby dill yogurt sauce really enhances the roasted vegetables and the quinoa is a great vehicle for all the flavors. Honestly, the yogurt was so yummy. I may or may not have licked the bowl clean. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as well did.
- Beets (5, peeled and diced into 1 inch pieces)
- Sweet Potato (1, peeled and diced into 1 inch pieces)
- English cucumber (1, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch pieces)
- Dill (2 tablespoons, finely chopped)
- Lemons (2)
- Whole milk yogurt (16 oz)
- Quinoa (3/4 cup)
- Olive oil
Recipe (4 servings)
- Prepare your quinoa how you normally would and set aside. I made mine in the rice cooker with twice the amount of water as quinoa and seasoned with salt. I fluffed it with a fork at the end.
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. Toss your beets and sweet potatoes in 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt. Make sure you place the two vegetables in separate pans as the beets cook much quicker than the potatoes. Roast the vegetables until they are soft and tender. The beets took about 20 minutes and the sweet potatoes took about 25-28 minutes. Make sure you rotate and flip them halfway through so they are evenly cooked. Set aside to cool when done.
- While the vegetables are roasting, prepare your yogurt sauce by combining the yogurt, the juice of 2 lemons, the cucumber, and the dill. Season with salt to taste.
- To serve, make a bed of quinoa and top with the roasted vegetables. Then place a hefty serving of the yogurt. Enjoy!