Generally, when you think of salad, you tend to lean toward raw and fresh greens. We wanted to try something different and saute our greens. Unlike most of our recipes, this only makes 2 servings. So if you want more for lunch the next day, just be sure to double it. The recipe is super simple and requires minimal ingredients. The hardest part of this recipe is just waiting for the mushrooms to cook.
- Sliced White Mushrooms (20 oz)
- Salad Green Mix (10 oz, we used the Cruciferous Crunch Salad Greens available at Trader Joes which includes kale, brussel sprouts, broccoli, green cabbage and red cabbage).
- Garlic (12 cloves, finely chopped)
- Lemon (1)
- Trader Joe’s Multipurpose Umami Seasoning Blend (2 teaspoons – if your don’t have this, just use a combination of onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper)
- Nutritional Yeast (2 tablespoon)
- Olive Oil
Recipe (2 servings):
- In a large nonstick pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil on medium high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add your mushrooms and cook for about 10 minutes until they are tender throughout. At this point, you can add the garlic and cook for another 1 minute until it is nice and golden.
- Next, turn the head down to low. Slowly start adding your salad greens one handful at a time allowing them to wilt. Once all the greens are wilted, turn the heat off.
- Add the juice of 1 lemon and nutritional yeast. Add salt to taste.
- Serve in a large bowl. Top with more nutritional yeast if desired!